Today has actually been a pretty good day...for me. A very good friend of mine got some disappointing news today and I am praying God will reveal His reason and purpose for the events of today.
Today I have just been really aware of the power of prayer, and humbled by the number of cards, email, phone calls, and such from people letting us know they are lifting us up. Many of these new friends are folks we have never even met before. The family of God is so awesome!
I am also so very thankful for our "stand in the gap" friends. Much love and thanks to Michelle and Lori for looking in on Zan. Please keep inviting yourselves over...she really needs you guys. Much love to Ralph and Mike for being my "buds". You guys rock!
Ever since the second Martha Anne died, I have been really aware of God's presence in not only helping us deal with the initial shock, but also in how He was even helping to prepare us for this time. As I have said to many, I do not believe He caused her death, or took her from us, or was punishing us, or anything like that. But as far back as I can see, He put people in our lives that He knew we would need, and maybe even more importantly would be willing and able to help us. Sometimes just by being in the same room with us.
So for all those out there praying for us...friends both old and new...friends we have known and those we have never met...thank you from the bottom of my heart. The Father is using you. We feel your strength.
I know much more painful days are ahead. There is still a year of "firsts" for our family with out our Martha Anne. But I am thankful for today...one pretty good day.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment