The other night, our nine year old Emma approached me with a Sharpe in one hand and another object in other hand. The reason I say "another object" is because all I could focus on was the Sharpe. I am sure all parents can relate. It doesn't matter how old they are, a cold chill runs down your spine any time you see one of your children walking through the house with a permanent marker.
"What are you doing with that?" I questioned emphatically. "I was just wondering if you would sign this for me?" It wasn't until then I noticed the other object in her hand...a softball. "You are the best softball player I know, so I was wondering if you would sign this ball for me", she said.
I humbly signed the ball, a little ashamed of my earlier assumption. To be honest I thought it a little weird at first. But after thinking about it, it really made me feel good. I know I probably will not always be her "hero", but it is kind of nice to think that maybe I still will be for a little while longer.
So, I can be content with my first, and probably last autograph going to my biggest "fan"...my Emma Bear!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment