We recently returned from a much needed week at Mexico Beach. I wasn't really sure what to expect as this is our first summer vacation without Martha Anne. As bad as it may sound, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were moments of tears and longing to have her with us, but there were also happy memories of her as well. She loved the beach and we had made a lot of good memories there.
At some point during the week, I asked each of the girls if they had thought about M.A. Each of them said, "No...not really". However, all of them talked about her incessantly.
Perhaps the highlights for me were having both the Guttensohn's and the Yoder's visit us. Many thanks to them for making the effort to be with us. I am not sure if they knew their presence with us would make the week easier or not...but it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment