Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Alone

Zan and the girls have gone to the beach with extended family for their annual "Girls Get Away". So, I am home alone. I enjoy the peace and quite for about half a day and then it starts to drive me crazy. Perhaps the most difficult thing about being alone is the time I have to think about Martha Anne.

It is during these times alone that I realize just how much "stuff" is still up there in my head. I guess that when "real life" is in full swing it is easier to repress some thoughts than when I have time on my hands. But in the long run, I am thankful for the time to deal with these thoughts and feelings. And even though it is tough, it is probably better that I am alone to process this grief in this way.

It will be a good week I am sure. And all is not lost. I have work to keep me busy, a free ticket to the movies, my cell phone (to call Zan if it gets really rough), and an ample supply of boiled peanuts.

1 comment:

Deacon Mike said...

Allen, We really need to go see Hancock... just let me know when :-)

Mike