Thursday, April 24, 2008

God's Provision

This has been an interesting week.

As indicated in previous posts, I have been feeling more vulnerable and weak than usual lately. I know that there is ample prayer cover being lavished upon our family. So this week I have been praying that God would make the strength that comes from intercessory prayer so evident to me and my family that we would all feel just a bit stronger in the days ahead.

No surprise...God's provision was more than I expected. Not only have I felt a bit stronger this week, I have been contacted by 5 friends from the past...no let me rephrase. I have been contacted by 5 Prayer Warriors who have committed themselves to prayer on behalf of our family. Three of these dear friends are serving in leadership positions in their church and have also shared our story with them so that they may join in prayer for us as well.

My eyes are filled with tears as I type this. My Redeemer is Faithful and True. He continues to hold me in the palm of His hand. In His providence, He knew I would need this encouragement at this particular time...and once again He provided. I feel so unworthy and yet so very thankful.

Tonight I praise God for those who have been steadfast in lifting us up since October 13th and I am so thankful for those who just this week have come along side us to help us continue this painful journey. Father, thank you for Jim, Kevin, Chris, Lori, and Shannon. Please bless them and their families.

2 comments:

IMGONUP said...

Allen, I have waited and waited to post a comment to many of your posts. Would start to but it would seem that it was just too painful. Selfish on my part? Probably but then maybe it was meant for me to wait until just such a post as this one! With that said...just wanted to let you know that my church continues to offer prayers on behalf of you, Zan, Emma, Lydia, and Corinne; as well as all of your other family members. We had Revival the past 4days and to observe our Lord working His wonderous miracles was awesome, to say the least. Last night Pastor Andy had be stand in for your family and asked all the members, in leadership positions, to join us. After a few minutes, he told me to look around...what an awesome sight to observe...EVERY person in attendance had come down to the altar holding us all up in prayer. The first thing that popped into my mind was the song I sent you yesterday..."Jesus Will Still Be There"!!! I love all of you, think of you daily, and pray for us all continuously!

Sarah said...

Allen and family,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly over the past few weeks. As soon as Shannon found your blog she called me and led me to it. Please know that there are people all of this country lifting you up in prayer. The Lord is Faithful. He is our Comforter.
I'm praying for you! Love you all and miss you!

Sarah Cowart